Today I styled my hair in a (true) wash-and-go featuring Soultanicals Sprung Coil Boosting Gelly. Below are the details. 🙂
My hair was in an old, ponytailed twist out when I began this morning’s wash-and-go. I had done the twist out on Sunday June 4, 2017 after sleeping in 20 twists (2 per section) overnight. Pictured is the original twist out, which I wore in a ponytail on June 5th and June 6th.
Products Used to Style Today’s Wash-and-Go
My Soultanicals Sprung Coil Boosting Gelly had arrived Monday, June 5th, but I couldn’t use it that day because I needed to get more life out of my twist out. (I am trying to reduce the number of times that I handle/detangle my hair to 1-2 times MAXIMUM per week.) When I woke up this morning and saw that my ponytailed twist out had lost definition and was looking like a ponytailed struggle ‘fro 😛 , I wasn’t tooooo disappointed. 🙂 That meant I could trial the new-to-me Soultanicals Gelly! 😀
Product combination selection isn’t yet second-nature to me. It still helps me if I think it through. So I opened up Microsoft OneNote on my cell phone and tapped out my plan for my wash-and-go. I have found that what I mentally come up with before I open MS OneNote is almost always different from what I come up with on paper, when I think it through a little more thoroughly. Hopefully product combination selection will become second-nature to me as time goes on. 🙂
Products I ended up using for this morning’s wash-and-go after I sectioned my hair into 6 sections using my Kimmaytube-recommended Ouchless Goody Updo Barrettes (see her Luv Naturals website):
- Scalp cleanser: Cantu ACV Rinse . . . massaged into my scalp (cool tingles ensued!)
- Strands cleanser: J.R. Liggetts Coconut and Argan Oil Shampoo Bar . . . (an AH-MAZING detangler; too stripping, though)
- Conditioner: DevaCurl Decadence One Condition . . . steamed in, in the shower, and only partially rinsed out (I was going to skip this at first, but the shampoo bar ended up being too stripping to skip this)
- Hydrator: Aloe Vera juice . . . applied in shower in sections to soaking wet hair
- Oil: My version of the CurlyProverbz DIY Hair Growth Oil . . . applied to my ends only
- Styler (gel): Soultanicals Sprung Coil Boosting Gelly . . . applied section by section until each section felt slimy
I think I really, really like this gel. Next time I’m going to cocktail it with Kinky Curly Coiling Custard to see what happens. Today, I have defined coils with a strong hold and no crunch. My hair feels soft and luxurious.
NOTE: I used a microfiber towel to remove excess water from my hair before applying oil and gel, and when I did, I noticed I had very little curl definition at my roots. Applying the gel helped some and reduced frizz at the roots, but my roots are still somewhat less defined than usual. I wonder how much of that stems from the stripping nature of the J.R. Liggetts Coconut and Argan Oil Shampoo Bar.