This page is under construction.
Balancing Deep Conditioners
During the study, I will rotate among the following three balancing deep conditioners (i.e., deep conditioners that are neither protein treatments nor solely moisture-infusing treatments but that instead can restore moisture-protein balance in the hair):
- Mielle Organics Babassu Oil and Mint Deep Conditioner
- Camille Rose Naturals Coconut Water Deep Penetrating Hair Treatment
- Soultanicals ‘Fro Despair, Vitamin Hair Repair Mega DC
I’ve never used the Soultanicals ‘Fro Despair DC before, so I’ll have to patch test it first once I receive it (I recently ordered it from the Soultanicals website during the 35% off sale). The ingredients have me straight excited and giddy about it. Below is how the ingredients appear on the website (as of June 4, 2017). I really, really hope this DC has a TON of slip. That would be gravy!
SUPA HAIR FOODS INGREDIENTS: Distilled Water Botanically Infused with Horsetail, Rosemary & Sage, Biotin, Spirulina, Wheatgrass, Barley Grass, Oat Grass, Chlorella and Alfalfa, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Organic Olive Oil, Andiroba Seed Oil, Broccoli Seed Oil, MSM, Centrimonium Chloride, Brown Rice Protein, Guar Gum, Pro Vitamin B5, Folic Acid, Vitamin E, Phthalate-Free Fragrance, Gluconodeltalactone, Sodium Benzoate
no artificial colors, no GMOs, Vegan
The Komaza Care Protein Hair Strengthener has been my go-to protein treatment. It is extremely good. However, it is unavailable to me OTG (on-the-ground), and I dislike having to pay shipping fees for it.
Consequently, during the study I will be testing out whether Colorful Neutral Protein Filler (from Sally’s) can function and suffice as my protein treatment. According to Sally’s website, it can be used as an “excellent protein hair reconstructing conditioner” when diluted by 1/3 water. Not only is the CNPF available OTG, but the price is lovely.
Protein-free Deep Conditioner (For Following up Protein Treatments)
During the study, I will use the following protein-free deep conditioners:
- Annabelle’s PerfectBlends Ultra Conditioning Souffle
- a variation of Jacinta Nwabuogu’s DIY Fenugreek Deep Conditioner (minus the 5.3 ounces of Greek yogurt and with boiled slippery elm bark added in)
- 2 tablespoons of boiled slippery elm bark powder
- half an avocado
- banana slices from 1 banana, OR 1 jar of banana baby food
- 2 tablespoons of Fenugreek powder
- 30 ML of aloe Vera juice
- 2 teaspoons of olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 6 ounces of mayonnaise (or 3 ounces of mayo and 3 ounces of coconut cream)
- Helpful videos:https://youtu.be/lc7Uo_EIpqA